Polar Plunge in Duluth, MN (February 2015)
Find me on Facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
Check out my Magic: The Gathering project or video game project. I'm also working on a fitness tracking application called Dexstr.
Random Facts About Me
- I was born in Minnesota in 1985.
- I fell off a 2 inch balance beam and broke my arm when I was really young (4 or 5?). As a result, I quit gymnastics. I wish I never did.
- I'm pretty sure that I saved a young boy from drowning in a crowded pool when I was 11. No one noticed that he was drowning or that I saved him. The only thing his sister said when she found him was, "Oh, there you are."
- I quit playing hockey because I was extremely undersized when checking started; the summer after I quit, I grew about 6" and put on 30 pounds. Again, I wish I never quit.
- I had my gallbladder removed when I was 12.
- In 5th grade, my teacher showed the class a website that he wrote. I thought I could do it too, so I did.
- I swam in high school, primarily butterfly. My 200 IM split times were around 25 seconds, 30 seconds, 1 minute 30 seconds, 25 seconds.
- The coach of my high school's wrestling team tried to recruit me my sophomore year. I smiled and told him I was a swimmer.
- I tore my meniscus doing the breaststroke. It ended my swimming career.
- I almost intentionally hit a canoe when I was wake boarding. It got my brother a date.
- I was voted most likely to succeed my senior year. I dropped out of college. Twice.
- I enrolled at four different colleges. I feel that the first one screwed me over.
- I payed for my junior year of college by playing blackjack on the weekends.
- I have little respect for higher education. I think it takes advantage of people at one of the most vulnerable times of a person's life.
- One of my junior high teachers got me my first corporate job.
- I want to retire to a resort on a lake or the ocean. Or to a vineyard.
- I more than likely have ADHD. I won't get it diagnosed because I don't think it's a problem.
- I've held my breath for 3 minutes and 44 seconds. I stopped because the song I used to time myself finished.
- I enjoy the occasional romantic comedy.
- I stopped eating deep fried food.
- I never acquired a taste for alcohol.
- I never tried drugs because I didn't want to become a dealer.
- I hold myself to horribly high expectations.
- I have an irrational fear of settling.
- I'm in relatively good shape. According to BMI, I'm borderline obese.
- My favorite season is summer. My favorite holiday is the 4th of July.
- I hate politics. Seriously. The last time I voted was in 2008.
- I have an addictive personality. It often results in burnout.
- I have a really good memory. It has caused me to lie so I don't come across as a creeper.
- I listen to just about all types of music, but my preferred genres are dance, pop, and rap. My music tastes likely mimic a thirteen year old girl.